05 Aug 2019
Powerschool/IT Coordinator Job Description
SC Public Charter School District (SCPCSD)
- Support the districtwide student information system, Powerschool, including account management and maintenance, system and module updates, and reliable connectivity with ancillary systems related to school operations, testing, and programming (e.g. Enrich, Destiny, PowerTeacher).
- Supports relevant state data collections and local reporting that involve student-level information, including the quarterly data collections tied to pupil membership, regular reporting and monitoring of student composition and engagement data, as well as the generation of other relevant data extracts that correspond to reporting within other SCPCSD units.
- Supports the development and implementation of technical assistance for portfolio schools that is aligned to the District’s framework for support and differentiated by school performance, maturation, and Powerschool capacity.
- Supports a system for ensuring quality data entry by portfolio schools for relevant and high stakes data elements and fields, providing technical assistance as needed and working with the Director of Quality Assurance where applicable in situations of persistent noncompliance to develop interventions and monitor relevant corrective action plans.
- Serves as a point of contact for Powerschool and affiliated systems for designees in portfolio schools, the South Carolina Department of Education, affiliated local Powerschool users groups, and other external agencies and vendors that connect with the District on student information services, including attendance and participation in relevant district-level trainings, conferences, and meetings.
- Supports the in-house technology needs of SCPCSD staff. This includes but is not limited to desktop support, procurement and installation of new software or hardware, scheduling and monitoring of network updates and or outages, providing back up support for other IT teams members as well as working with 3rd party software partners and venders.
- Management and oversight of any contracts and services related to SCPCSD student information needs, including renewal of annual contracts and network services, as well as working with our 3rd party support team on scheduled network outages and maintenance.
Submit 1-2 page resume and cover letter to Jackie Snell (email@example.com) by August 19, 2019.