Chief Operations Officer
Chief Operations Officer
SC Public Charter School District (SCPCSD)
We’re looking for a game-changing COO to join us in creating and growing excellent schools where they’re needed most in South Carolina. Our work isn’t for everyone. It requires courage and humility, a relentless belief in students, a tireless work ethic, and a willingness to put racial equity front-and-center. If that resonates with you, read on!
- Relentless belief in every child’s potential and in schools’ ability to unlock this potential
- Deep understanding of effective charter authorization and operation
- Willingness to do whatever it takes in the service of students and taxpayers
- Demonstrated results in education
- Recognition that race matters in education and we must act intentionally, every day, to address racial inequity and injustice in education systems
- Humble seeker of feedback
- Leadership, decision making and communication abilities commensurate with senior leadership
- School system, charter authorizer and/or quality charter school experience
- Strong background in school/system operations
- Budgeting, project management and strategic planning and execution
- Leader and developer of people and teams and an ace at giving/receiving feedback
Building and leading operational compliance systems and activities. Works with portfolio schools to ensure compliance and performance with board governance, access and equity requirements and expectations, and school location and facility requirements, including review of facilities information provided in charter applications, collection and review of relevant facility documentation, coordination where relevant with the Office of School Facilities, oversight of school safety and security plans, and implementation of school facility onboarding and readiness evaluations. Works with portfolio schools to ensure compliance with school transportation and food service requirements, including oversight of compliance with School Food Authority requirements as well as support of legislative efforts to procure funding for these efforts.
Developing and managing the Access and Equity dashboard. Helps team/district develop and implement this new tool to report and monitor monthly changes to student enrollment, composition, engagement, and discipline, ensuring school compliance with state requirements and promoting fair and equitable practices in school policies and practices.
Directing and supervising the student information services of the SCPSCD, including supervision of Powerschool personnel, oversight of state data collections, and management of support and technical assistance efforts for portfolio schools.
Creating and managing leader cohort programs, e.g. replication academy and new schools fellowship, including management of the selection process, procurement of training and resources for selected fellows, and provision of ongoing support, peer networking, and coaching opportunities for new leaders, as well as leaders seeking to expand and replicate their charters.
Special/strategic projects—taking on high-impact strategic projects as needed to improve student achievement and meet the urgent and changing needs of our portfolio of schools.
Please submit a 1-2 page resume and cover letter to Jackie Snell (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Taylor Fulcher (email@example.com) by August 20, 2019.