What You’ll Do
- Together with the Chief of Staff, develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy to drive the SCPCSD’s student-focused mission and to shine a light on the achievements of SCPCSD-sponsored schools
- Draft compelling print and digital content in support of SCPCSD communications goals, including website copy, one-pagers, marketing collateral and press releases.
- Create and manage SCPCSD social media content to drive the SCPCSD story across multiple social media platforms
- Draft and monitor social media, earned media and website analytics to measure the effect of communications strategies and campaigns
- Respond to media inquiries, pitch SCPCSD stories, and build and strengthen relationships with reporters to elevate the SCPCSD narrative and to showcase SCPCSD-sponsored schools’ accomplishments in the press
- Perform outreach to and build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and influencers
- Relentless drive to do what’s best for South Carolina’s students—especially those who do not have access to quality school options
- Unshakeable, vocal belief in every student’s potential, regardless race or income
- Bachelor’s Degree (with preferene to Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism)
- Solid understanding of effective marketing and communications (with preference for experience in education-related communications)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to influence and connect through verbal communication
- Knowledge of coding and website management
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Taylor Fulcher (Chief of Staff) at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14, 2020.