Director of Operations
- Develops and maintains a portfolio of available land and buildings in South Carolina to ensure that access to school buildings in South Carolina is not a barrier to potential and existing operators opening and running equitable schools.
- Supports district efforts to procure funding for transportation and food services in South Carolina to ensure that access to transportation and food services is not a barrier to potential and existing operators opening and running equitable schools.
- Seeks additional outside funding opportunities related to facilities, transportation, and food services in South Carolina to ensure that access to these services is not a barrier to potential and existing operators running equitable schools.
- Manages and leads the support for school-based operations such as facilities, transportation, food services, and technology services to ensure schools have the support they need to run efficient operational programs.
- Develops and implements the oversight framework for school-based operations such as facilities, transportation, food services, and technology services to ensure schools are operating compliant operational programs in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Conducts school facility readiness evaluations and reports findings to the Superintendent monthly for schools in pre-opening status.
- Directs and supervises the student information services, including supervision of PowerSchool contract or personnel, oversight and verification of state data collections, and management of support and technical assistance efforts for portfolio schools.
- Manage Contractors. (General contractors, plumbers, electricians, A/C replacements, locksmiths, fencing, site work, alarm & security systems, roofers, etc.)
- Track time, mileage, materials, tools. Identify & isolate larger problems, meet with contractors, obtain quotes.
- Act as district COVID Safety Coordinator. Manage distribution of district wide PPE distribution.
- Monitoring of time and materials, scheduling, and tracking of all maintenance related issues and repairs. Direct oversight of all repairs, maintenance and special project analysis, and decisions. Track and report status of open projects. Provide historical data for analyzing trends.
- Oversight of special projects, facilitate and troubleshoot ongoing construction and building maintenance issues.
- Monitor and create estimates, schedules, and timelines for new and existing project deliverables.
- Create and build preventative maintenance processes and monitoring systems for extended life of facility related components.
- Maintain and monitor building compliance with Building Codes & Standards for local, city, county, state, and federal agencies.
- Travel within and outside the state as the job dictates.
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to increase the individual’s skill and proficiency related to the assignments.
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and maximum safety procedures.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as SCPCSD district office policies and procedures.
- Ensure existing facilities are well maintained and repaired. Facilitate and monitor the following areas of repair: Fire Inspection Issues; exit sign light repairs; battery replacement for backup lighting; door and hardware adjustments & repair; key and key control assistance; plumbing, electrical repairs, minor moves, wiring projects; appliance repairs; banner and sign installations; HVAC, a/c filter changes; drywall repairs; minor carpentry; replacing light bulbs, ballasts & fixtures; painting projects; ceiling tile replacement; landscaping and grounds maintenance; building inspections; security system maintenance, safety issues, repairs, additional items as they arise.
CFO will assess the effectiveness annually with respect to the performance of specific responsibilities. Must always carry hand-held radio while on district property if assigned by Supervisor. Required to report and assist with all emergency situations as needed. Perform other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
Skills And Knowledge
- Knowledge of construction trades and facilities maintenance requirements including ability to understand, communicates, and deals effectively with vendors and contractors.
- Supervisory experience in leading work crews and direct oversight of technicians.
- Strong knowledge and experience in reading and understanding building plans and blueprints. Ability to perform intermediate level mathematical functions and calculations.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, expert in communication, writing, and documentation abilities.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local building and fire codes, and inspection processes.
- Strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Computer knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office software, ability to manage online documentation of service requests, utilize time and material tracking programs.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Michael Thom, Chief Financial Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday, Nov. 8, 2021.