HAVE A QUESTION?
Send us your questions, and we’ll put you in touch with the right person.
3710 Landmark Drive
Columbia, SC 29204
7:30 am till 4:30 pm M-Th
7:30 am till 4:00 pm Fri
Parent’s/Guardian’s Right to Request a Teacher’s and a Paraprofessional’s Qualifications
In accordance with the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015, parents/guardians are required to be notified at the beginning of each school year of their ‘Right to Know’ the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teachers and paraprofessionals.
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Students Succeeds Act, parents/guardians may request the following information:
1. Whether the student’s teacher—
• has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
• is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
• is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
2. Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
For more information regarding qualifications of teachers and paraprofessionals at your child’s school click on the school contact link above.