Five South Carolina Public Charter School District educators have been recognized as finalists for the 2021 district Teacher of the Year distinction.
The district received 13 applications from a pool of diverse candidates seeking to be named the 2021 Teacher of the Year. Due to the current pandemic, this year’s application review was conducted by internal staff and a virtual in-person interview was completed by internal and external staff. The district Teacher of the Year will be announced in May.
2021 Teacher of the Year Finalists
- Christina Henderson, GREEN Charter School of Spartanburg
- Deion Jamison, Legacy Early College
- Chrystie Weimer, Tall Pines STEM Academy
- Jecoliah Whittaker, High Point Academy
- Victoria Young, Greenville Technical Charter High School
“Under this year’s challenging circumstances in the classroom, these leaders have proven they can excel professionally while providing a high-quality, innovative education to kids,” said Chris Neeley, superintendent of the South Carolina Public Charter School District. “I wish each of them the best of luck as the final interview process concludes.”