Federal Programs Assistant
The South Carolina Public Charter School District is looking for an energetic and self-motivated business professional to step into the role of Federal Programs Assistant. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting with all programmatic record keeping as it relates to federal funding at our Columbia office to include, recording and processing expenditures and additional roles related to daily school district programs operations. Experience working with State/Federal funding programs is preferred, but not required. This position reports to the Chief Program Officer via the Director of Federal Programs.
- Supports the Director of Federal Programs to ensure reliable and accurate data and documentation per Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Attends all federal programs meetings, trainings, and conferences as required.
- Assists the Director of Federal Programs with coordination of facilities, registrations, supplies and materials for Federal Program trainings offered by the district.
- Tracks time and effort for any district level and school level employee paid through federal funds.
- Assists Director of Federal Programs with review of federal program submissions in Epicenter.
- Assists Director of Federal Programs with review and preparation of Federal Programs records and reporting.
- Assists Director of Federal Programs with review and preparation of Federal Programs grant applications, amendments, and revisions.
- Performs general clerical duties as requested.
- Assists the Director of Federal Programs and Chief Program Officer in ensuring oversight of implementation of Federal Programming in the SCPCSD portfolio schools.
- Manages the inventory tracking process across the district for school based inventory and all federal programs inventory.
- In conjunction with the programs team and the finance team, reports federal program expenditures and reimbursements out to schools on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Committed to building great schools for the children of South Carolina.
- Proven experience with accuracy and attention to detail
- Competency in MS Office and databases
- Customer service orientation
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong relational skills (patient, trustworthy, reliable, etc.)
- Experience working with federal programs is not required
Applicants should submit a letter of intent and resume to Emily Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org, Deputy Superintendent. Position will be open until filled.