COVID Financial Services Coordinator
The South Carolina Public Charter School District is looking for an energetic and self-motivated business professional to step into the role of COVID Financial Services Coordinator. The incumbent will be responsible for all financial record keeping as it relates to COVID funding at our Columbia office to include, financial grants management, recording and processing expenditures and additional roles related to daily school district financial operations. Experience using the SmartFusion accounting system and State/Federal funding is required. This position reports to the Director of Financial Services.
- Perform functions of grant financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to preparation and timely submission of request for funds and required reports to the SCDE. Work with the SCDE to receive payments on behalf of SCPCSD schools.
- Review requests for funds submissions from SCPCSD schools to ensure completion, financial compliance and budgetary alignment. Create and maintain internal budget-to-actuals based on SCDE approved budgets.
- Serve as a liaison between federal programs team and financial services team on issues regarding grants, including workflow of grants, securing required signatures and application completion checks.
- Provide technical assistance and training to schools on the request for fund process and required year-end financial reports.
- Track existing and upcoming grant opportunities and communicate relevant deadlines dates to SCPCSD schools and coordinate internal due dates.
- Review amendment requests and ensure funds have not been reimbursed for the changes requested in the plan.
- Complete required year-end, and mid-year requested financial reports for SCPCSD school grants, respond to audit verification requests and assist the Director of Financial Services in completing other monthly reconciliations.
- Provide accounting and clerical support in SmartFusion.
- Prepare, maintain, and timely reconciliation of accounting documents and records.
- Assist with providing technical assistance and support to District personnel in completing expense reports and travel reimbursement.
- Research, track and restore accounting, payment or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws
- Committed to building great schools for the children of South Carolina.
- Proven accounting experience with accuracy and attention to detail
- Familiarity with SmartFusion, State/Federal revenues, and grant management
- Competency in MS Office and databases
- Customer service orientation
- Well organized
Applicants should submit a letter of intent and resume to Nick Michael, firstname.lastname@example.org, Director of Financial Services. Position will be open until filled.